Thursday, August 27, 2009

an "M-M" day

What a day. Long day. Exhausting day, mentally and eventually, physically. Had rehearsal at 11:30, went and worked on finishing the choreography for Save The Last Dance. We have a run through of it tomorrow at 2pm. Might be scary, but hopefully it will go better tham my mind makes it out to be.

My leading lady and I worked our butts off drilling most of the material from memory, and it seemed to go pretty well. unfortunately there are two sections that are so similar in choreography, that I keep doing one instead of the other. My leading lady has to throw me around sometimes, when it should be the opposite. Anyhow.

The "M-M" today was a "minor meltdown" this afternoon. For the last week, my phone has been ringing at the most inopportune moments and it is always bill collectors wanting all of the no money that i have. Today it was for my house payment, and it just really got to me. They are charging me late payments for the past three months because the post date didn't get there in time. Schmucks.

So that was a bit sucky. Put my day down to about a 3.

But, working on the stuff to make sure we both knew it was awesome work, and it put my day at about a 7. Everyone is so patient with me.

The new cast arrived yesterday for their rehearsals, so there are two casts in rehearsals simultaneously, which is driving everyone crazy since the rehearsal studio was built for one cast at a time... imagine a bunch of legs and arms all moving in every direction at once... that is what it reminds me of. Thankfully the dancers were working alone today. Tomorrow, i have no idea what is going to happen. i do know that on Sunday, which is supposed to be my day off, the rest of the cast is going to Disney World, and I get to stay at the Dixie and rehearse!!! Actually, it's not a complaint. It is the only day for me to get caught up on material, and it saves me about a hundred and some odd dollars on admission and food for the day.

So, I am a little too pooped to pop tonight. Gonna say good night, and to all those on the Bunnicula reunion party... I miss you and wish I could be there.

Shuttle launch on for tomorrow, I hope.

1 comment:

  1. I can just imagine you and Leading Lady hurling each other around. I Love Lucy. xxoo

    ReplyDelete