Saturday, August 29, 2009

A good day.

Not great, but good. Okay, better. Again, a long day, but worth the length. I got blocked into most of the Moments to Remember show. It helps to know the music, can I tell you? It went so much quicker, because there were songs I actually knew the words to! Very exciting. I need to brush up on my Brian Setzer new fangled Swing stuff, as those are some weird words in there...

I will try again to upload last night's video of the shuttle launch. I have been having difficulty getting the info from the DVD onto my hard drive and into some sort of uploadable format. Go figure. Like I mentioned before, I am no rocket scientist.

I need to get some work done on my play. The powers that be are asking for it. I have not done all that much word on the rewrite, as you can see... like I have had even time to breather over the past three weeks... anyhow, that's what tonight is for. Tomorrow is going to be spent doing laundry and running and pounding lyrics into my head. I am also going to watch the dvd's we were given and try to put myself into as much of Shimmy as I can. We shall see. When i get depressed all I want to do is sleep, and lately, I have had a dickens of a time getting up in the morning.

Can you tell I have been hanging around with a bunch of Brits? They have such a way with words. The other day in rehearsal, one of the dancers passed gas just as his partner was inhaling to start a dance step. Her remark was that it was so gross she could "taste the poo particles." Makes it sound so civilized, doesn't it?

Makes me laugh.

Talk later. Good night all, and Gaby, get your homework done! If I have to do it, so do you!

No comments:

Post a Comment