Sunday, August 22, 2010

Island Magic




From Leonard Bernstein's Trouble In Tahiti...

But I think this is an amazing island. Expensive as all breadfruit, but well worth the trip. So, we survived the last eleven days, ten of which were sea days. Ugh. Have I ever mentioned how I really don't like sea days? One or two is fine, but four or five in a row? No thanks.

Had an amazing moment today, sitting out by the pool watching the sun set. There was this gorgeous green island mountain, with an orange and red sunset above it. Of course, my camera was in my cabin. But it made me really grateful to be alive, to be sober, and to have an amazing job that I love.

But with all that said, I am incredibly homesick. I miss goodberries, the cats, the kids, the shows, mom and dad, amy and bill and gaby, mark and denise and kelcey, the folks in california, amanda and gerrie and the whole kouri clan. oreo cookies. chocolate milk. making an egg white omelette at four in the morning because i wanted to. Michael. Blondie. Sasha. Paul and Wanda. Stable ground. Peggy.

Ah well. Poor me, right? As I am about to go ashore for a gaufre au chocolat in Papeete, Tahiti. Someone's gotta do it, right? Might as well be me.

It's been interesting so far this contract. I feel like an invisible person, and I will explain that more in later blog posts. Wanted to get some pics posted of Tahiti. Maybe some of Honolulu.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...you are missed! I didn't think you'd ever post again! Dad and I can't wait to see more pics and hear more happenings from you. We're at the Outer Banks with Mary and the girls and some gorgeous weather thinking of how not like the South Pacific this is...that other part of the world is so special so enjoy every moment of every day...even sea days! Journal. Make things. Write letters. Post pics...We love you! Kisses & hugs...Mom

    ReplyDelete