Thursday, February 4, 2010

Well, that was rough!



The seas were rough, the shows were rough, the entire cruise was, well... rough. Chris Kirby our casting director came on board this cruise, to see how we were doing. Needless to say we had our ups and downs. It was nice of him to come out and see how things went, but in my opinion, it was about two months too late. We only have three cruises left, for goodness sake.

In other related news, the owner of the company, the big PGT himself, Peter Grey Terhune is coming on board for part of the Asia trip. Well won't that be fun? He is also coming on with Stephen, our "musical director." Ugh.

We DID receive our first standing ovation last night, while Chris was in the audience, so it felt good knowing that we can pull a great show out of our butts. We were all very tired, as this week we also put in the new girl to replace the one who was fired last cruise. She did amazingly well, considering she only had hours of rehearsal. Her name is Alice, she is from England, and she is blonde. She also has big... let's just say she looks good in the costumes.

In Sydney today. Raining cats and dogs. Didn't start out that way, just kind of opened up the skies and all this water came falling out.

I saw glow worms this cruise!!! It was so cool. Took my first excursion to some cave somewhere in the middle of somewhere else, and inside the cave were these glow worms. They looked like little blue stars on the ceiling of the cave. Very cool. As it turns out, the worms themselves don't actually glow, but an enzyme in their... well, poop, glows when oxygen hits it. So we actually saw glow in the dark worm poop. The world is amazing, isn't it? Imagine if we all had glow in the dark poop...

So. Other news. My filling fell out a while back, and now the nerve is exposed, sending jolts of pain throughout my head. Not good when there is no dentist on board, and I have no insurance to cover any work I have to have done. The ship won't cover it because I am a guest entertainer. In other words, a self-employed contractor. That sucks. Hopefully I can make it for the next couple of months and then spend all my savings on getting a root canal! Oh what fun!

So life is a neverending bunch of interesting situations that try us. Well, try me, anyhow.

Here are some pictures from this past cruise, I think... enjoy. I couldn't take pics of the glow worm poop, so I did the next best thing and just took pics of my own poop. KIDDING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment