Saturday, December 22, 2012

So I tried to sleep on it...

This is one of those occasions where it didn't work.  I mean, I feel better about the whole Christmas show situation, so yes, I guess it did work.  (Thanks, Dad)

But for the second night in as many days, some idiots (crew members who shall remain nameless) decide at 2:30 in the morning to run up and down the halls shouting, drunkenly, of course.  Last night (this morning) they literally POUNDED on the door across the hall trying to get whomever lives there to wake up and open the door.  I wonder if it ever occured to them that maybe the person wasn't there...?

It went on for 45 minutes.  I'm not exaggerating.  It started at 2:30 and went until 3:20.  Of course, it woke me up from a long awaited and much needed deep sleep, and of course, then I couldn't get back to sleep again. 

Am I going to become one of those grumpy old men who sits on his front porch and is unhappy for the remainder of his days?  I hope not.  Maybe I should re-think doing another contract.

But here we are in Wellington.  It is a gorgeous day.  I went CD shopping at some secondhand stores, and found a few CDs that will make a nice addition to my collection.  One of them I found makes me think of my sister, Amy.  It is Andy Gibb's "Album".  I remember she had such a big crush on him.  I also remember going to Blossom Music Center to see Neil Sedaka in concert when I must have been 10?  8?  And Andy Gibb was his opening act.  No one knew who he was.  Then he made his hit with Love Is Thicker Than Water and Shadow Dancing, as well as I Just Want To Be Your Everything... the rest is history.

So it made me laugh, and I can't wait to crank it up in my cabin and reminisce about my childhood.

Christmas is just days away.  Hours, if you want to put it that way.  I am so not ready.  I have to get a secret Santa gift...the final "biggie" and I can't find a thing. 

Summer in New Zealand makes me depressed.  Not as depressed as a certain Band Master... but nonetheless.  There are so many people walking around in perfect fitness, and here I am looking and feeling like Jabba the Hutt.  Fat.  It is a vicious circle.  I get depressed, so i don't want to go to the gym, so i stay in my cabin and eat.  Then I get more depressed... ugh.  I need to totally get over myself.  Just do it, dumbass!!

Hmm.  I have another Christmas show rehearsal today.  Piano Man tonight.  Day off tomorrow.  Christmas Eve I think I have off as well.  Christmas Day we are in Napier, I think.  I'd love to go see Les Miserables, but I don't even know if there is a movie theatre in Napier, not to mention we don't usually have a full day there.  Maybe in Auckland. 

Alrighty.  I should go.  Get out in the sun and enjoy the time I have in port, instead of sitting in McDonalds using very slow internet which is just frustrating me even more. 

I'll get over this, I promise.  It's just a phase and that time of the year.

JMB

No comments:

Post a Comment