Thursday, December 27, 2012

Ring out the old, ring in the new

So Christmas is over, thank goodness.  I can't say it wasn't stressful, but thankfully, it all came together in the end and nobody threw anyone else overboard. 

On to New Years.  I suppose I should put my resolutions out there in public so that I can be held responsible, but to be honest, how many of us TRULY keep any of our resolutions past February anyway?  I would LIKE to lose some more weight and hit the gym as often as possible, but motivation is such a big factor, all I can resolve to do it try.

Saving money.  I need to.  In watching Suzie Ormond on TV, I have learned that I am gonna be in pretty bad shape come time to retire.  Living paycheck to paycheck with no pension and no savings is a burden.  It's gonna be rough come next July when the ship contracts are over. 

We are in Brisbane again in a couple days, and I am looking forward to having a day to myself.  The last couple of times have been stressful mentally, going to see Merle.  Don't get me wrong, I am so glad i got the chance to go, but it can be really depressing.  Thankfully, she is moving out of the home she is in now and moving in with her son and his family, so hopefully things will look a little brighter for her.  She wants me to come up and see her yet again, but I don't have transportation, and honestly, I need a break.

I am awaiting a new suit from the designer Robeaux, which will hopefully be waiting for me next Auckland.  I am excited, because not only is it going to be an amazing look, it means my solo show and possible solo career may be off to a running start!  I have hired Lisa Crouch to do my music charts, and I have sent her so much music to write.  It will probably cost a fortune that I don't have, but in the long run, I feel that I will get my money back and then some.  Maybe I will be able to retire after all... HA!

The Christmas show was interesting.  It went well.  It was short and sweet.  Darian and I opened with a mash-up of Let it Snow and Winter Wonderland, after which, she sang an amazing version of Ave Maria.  I then sang a new song I found called "Thank You" which got me choked up first time around.  We then did Do You Hear What I Hear and closed with White Christmas and We Wish You A Merry Christmas.  In between there were a couple of other numbers from the dancers and guest ents.  I think it was fun and served it's purpose.  

Speaking of winter wonderland... I was putting away all my Christmas decorations today, because I don't want to have any up by New Years... bad karma.  But I was looking for places to store stuff, and lo and behold...under my bed, in the drawers there, was a plethora of Christmas decorations that I had no idea were there.  Oh well... it would have made my cabin a winter wonderland.

More later, as I am about to run out of time on this card...

No comments:

Post a Comment