Monday, August 13, 2012

Broadway Nightmares

Three days until my solo show, and I am once again second guessing my song choices.  There are so many people that want me to sing Music of the Night, but I simply am finding it one of the most difficult things to sing.  I sound awful, and I need an uptempo song to put in its place.  I am thinking "On Broadway."  It's catchy, uptempo, a good transitional song for the second half of my show.  I'm nervous.

In other news, I missed my deadline for the final draft of my script.  I thought it was the 16th, but I found out just moments ago that it was indeed, yesterday.  Yikes.  Hopefully the powers that be won't be too judgmental, and they will give me a couple days' extension.  I mean, they literally gave me a month to write a full script.  It's not my fault.

Oy.  Stress.  Piano Man opens in just two days, then my show, then I am singing at the Ultimate Deck Party, then Shimmy.  That's a lot of singing.  I'll let you know more later.  I should probably get to finishing the script.

JMB

1 comment:

  1. I'm finally back in the land of the internet. I agree with you that you should replace Music of the Night with On Broadway. But that is probably no surprise,eh?

    ReplyDelete