Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Annie Junior, day 8

Okay folks, here we go!  Tomorrow is dress rehearsal!  This means that all

actors should BRING WITH THEM (NOT WEAR) their jeans and plain white t-shirt.
They should have their clothes labeled, so that they can leave them at the
theatre. Not that I don't trust you, but I have seen too many shows where the
day of, someone shows up saying "I forgot my shirt... or I forgot this or
that..." This will not be the case if they have their clothes with them tomorrow
and they are left at the theatre, right?

Okay. Nuff said about costumes. Jeans and plain white t-shirt. Done. Just
for your own clarification, so there is no confusion, a "plain white t-shirt"
consists of just that. A white crew neck t-shirt without any printing, no
pockets, etc. Just a plain white t-shirt. Thanks.

CALL TIMES FOR THE SHOW:

Friday is without saying... 12:30 pm. We will be having camp and doing last
minute cleanings of numbers, etc. The show starts at 5:15pm. DOORS OPEN AT
5:00. They will not open earlier, so please don't try to sneak in. We will be
working up until showtime to get ready for you.

SATURDAY CALL TIME IS 12:00 NOON.
SATURDAY SHOW TIME IS 1:00PM. DOORS WILL OPEN AT 12:45.

PARKING IS AVAILABLE FOR BOTH SHOWTIMES IN THE LARGE LOT OPPOSITE THE MAIN
THEATRE. (BY THE AMPHITHEATRE) YOU WILL NOT BE TOWED, EVEN THOUGH THERE MAY BE
SIGNS THERE TO INTIMIDATE YOU. YOU ARE HERE TO SEE A SHOW.



Your kids today were given a camp evaluation. Please take the time to fill it
out. It is part of the life line of the theatre, and an addition to their grant
program. If you would like to continue to see quality theatre starting at your
actors level and age, please fill out an evaluation form. If not, fill it out
anyway, please.

Okay. Next thing. Today.

Today was a step backward. Not a huge one, but just a small one. Big enough to
set things back nonetheless. I think in everyone's concern and excitement to
make sure everyone else was doing what they were supposed to do, the actors
forgot their own jobs, and therefore we had more than a few hiccups. It was
disappointing, but I think we learned a lot about what to expect come Friday.

We all ended up taking a big deep breath and then got back to work and then
things seemed to iron themselves out. This is normal, actually. Kind of a day
7 slump thing. Happens to all casts for all shows, professional or "junior."
Trust me. I've seen it happen. I've been there PLENTY of times. Things will
be better tomorrow.

Each time we run things they do get better. Unfortunately, an actor only gets
ONE chance to do it right for that performance. I think that reality hit today
when they realized that we can't necessarily go back and re-do things during the
middle of a performance.

Even with the hiccups, things went well, and we were able to finish the run
through from yesterday, and do a complete run through from the top. Every
number is choreographed, and we have most of the props... (I will be finishing
those tonight.) and things look pretty darn good if you ask me. I am very
excited for you to see the finished product.

I think that's about all I have to say for tonight. I have props to fix, and I
should try to get started on my packing for my six months in Australia.

Just as a side note... I DID take some time for myself tonight and go see the
new movie The Help. My brother is the Art Director for it, and it was really
good. I know that was a SHAMELESS plug for it, but it is a good funny,
heartwarming story of life in the 60's. Go Curt!

Okay, I've said too much. I will see everyone tomorrow, where I am hoping to
get at least two run-throughs of the show in. One starting at 1, the other at
3:30. If there is any confusion, please re-read the first paragraph of this
email. Thanks!

J. Michael Beech


No comments:

Post a Comment