Tuesday, April 16, 2013

New ship, old friends

Hello, all!  I am on board the Sea Princess, en route to Hawaii and the South Pacific!  My trip to Australia was full of drama, starting with a 13 hour delay.  Have no fear, the airline put us up in a hotel for the night, so I slept well.  The following day, the flight was nice.  It went quickly, and I was able to catch up on some movie time.  Watched Silver Lining Playbook, or something like that, to see what all the hype was about with the Hunger Games chick winning the Academy Award.  Still trying to figure that one out.  I guess if you put the two roles side by side, there is some acting happening there.  But still...  huh?

So here I am on board.  It seems like I never left.  The ship is actually quite beautiful compared to the other two I was on, which is a nice change.  Of course, there is no consistency with the Princess rules and regulations, so it will be frustrating again to see what i can and cannot do.  Already, I have been excluded from the regular freebies like a bottle of water... no big deal, just frustrating.  I also don't have a bar account, again no big deal, just frustrating.

And then the big news... Mom and I have been planning on her coming to Hawaii to join the ship since February, and I went through major drama trying to get the paperwork in to get her on board.  I heard from someone in the main office that the paperwork was "pending" which means the paperwork was there, it just had to be approved.  Of course, now that I am on board, I asked yet again to find out the status, as Mom comes on in 11 days... and they play dumb.  They are saying they never got the paperwork.  Geez.  I have emails saying otherwise, folks.  The ol' "We are accountable." rule for Princess seems to count for everyone ELSE but the people who are actually accountable, right?

Frustrating.  So I have no idea what to tell the folks.  As far as I am concerned, Mom should still come.  They have the paperwork, and though it has not been approved yet, there is no reason why it wouldn't be.  It makes me mad.  Thanks, Ophelia.  This is your fault for not returning my calls way back in March when I still had time to do this crap.

I have words to learn.  Lots.

Costume fittings went well today.  Everything fits, more or less.  No having to let things out, thankfully.  I lost enough weight that I fit into all the costumes!  Whoo hoo!  Now to keep it off.  Should not be a problem, as the food here is way below what I expected.  Anyhow.   More later.  I have to get some sleep.  Second day of four that clocks go forward.  Yuck.

Oh, I forgot to tell you all... my grannie groupies are on board, too... Jeanne and Belinda.  They found me wandering the Horizon Court trying to find a place to sit and eat this afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment