Friday, July 30, 2010

Antigua and Barbados





Actually I am more "pro" gua than anti... and I have no idea what happened to Barba-uno so they just skipped to Barba-dos.

Anyhow, I am finally on the Dawn Princess, and we are slowly making our way through the Caribbean to the Panama Canal en route back to Sydney, Australia. We stopped yesterday in Antigua and today in Barbados... sea day tomorrow, and then Curacao, Dutch West Indies.

We opened Shimmy! night before last, and it went very well. We had some major technical issues, but in the end, the show went very well. Apparently, they sent a new system format out with the old shows on them, and when the computer reads it, it messed with the time codes, which then screws up the lighting cues and all that... not to mention, they reworked the ending. So in the end, we ended up doing the old version of Shimmy that I had done before, so it all ended happily.

So far ship life is the usual... training here and there, inductions here and there. Thankfully I have been able to get off the ship and do some sightseeing, but not through the tour desk. I will attach some pictures of Antigua and Barbados. Talk to you soon! Send me your addresses so I can send some postcards out!

No comments:

Post a Comment