Friday, July 3, 2009

The Launch

Okay, here goes. My first post on my new blog. I am in the process of getting ready to head off to Australia, via Cocoa, Florida. I got an incredible new job (long time in the coming) on board the m/s Sun Princess with Princess Cruise Lines. I will be the guest entertainer, i.e. lead singer. The cast consists of ten dancers, 4 male, 6 female, and two singers.

It has been a while since I have been to sea, but I really am looking forward to getting a good night's sleep again. When the ship rocks, it is like going back to the cradle. Life is good at sea.

The most hectic part so far has been deciding what to do with the things I am leaving behind. I have a relatively new house that needs to be packed up and hopefully rented out, though right now, I don't see how that's going to happen. I have managed to acquire so much "stuff" over the past four years. I guess teaching does that to you.

I found a couple pictures from one of my other ship contracts, and I will attempt to post them. Enjoy. Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Wow - best wishes! And have fun! I totally know what you mean about being rocked to sleep on a boat. While on a cruise back in '99, those were the best nights of sleep I ever got. Wish I could make my bed at home do that. Enjoy your adventure! - Martie

    ReplyDelete