Sunday, June 2, 2013

Onward!

Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Langkawi...Malaysia.  Exciting!  I don't really have the words to describe how interesting these places have been.  Mom and I have had some definite adventures to talk about when we return, but overall, it has been the trip of a lifetime.

Today we were in Langkawi, which is a small island in Malaysia.  We went on a tour from the ship to a place called "Underwater World" (no Kevin Costner, thank goodness), as well as a museum dedicated to the life of a woman named Mashuri.  She was killed because of a vicious rumour spread about her infidelity to her husband.  Strange how the past few days I have been sleepless yet again over the whole Wakefield thing.  It reverberates through time, I guess.

Shows are going well.  Though we have only done three of the five so far.  Only two more to go.

Highlights of the trip so far have been visiting "KL" aka Kuala Lumpur.  I got lost, took tons of photos, got mixed up in the local transportation, and loved every minute of it.  I would definitely go back.  Not too keen on Singapore, but from what i understand, my experience there was not typical, and I missed out on a lot of the more interesting things to see and do.  Shoulda stuck to my guns and gone out without a tour.

So now we are en route to India.  Mumbai, to be exact.  I am kind of excited to be going, though I don't think Mom is too thrilled about it.  This time around, I get to go ashore, and she has to stay on board, though.  When we were in China, she and Dad got to go while I stayed aboard.  Fair exchange, I think.

I do miss Dad, though.  And the kitties.

I have posted photos on my facebook page, and I hope to get some of Spinky's stuff up there as well.

Running out of time on this internet card, so more later!

JMB

No comments:

Post a Comment