Monday, January 4, 2010

Art Deco heaven part 2


Napier, New Zealand is AMAZING! The first time we were here, I overslept. The second time, I was sick. This time, I wore out the battery on my camera because there was so much to photograph! The city was pretty much destroyed in an earthquake in 1931, and then they rebuilt the entire place in the Art Deco style. I love it. Those of you that know me know how much the Art Deco style is part of my life... The weekend of February 19-21 is Art Deco wekeend here. Unfortunately I will miss it by 3 days. The entire town dresses up in the 1930's style, and those people who are dressed "normally" are the outsiders. Cool, eh?


Enjoy the pictures. There are lots, so it might take a couple of different posts.


Wellington today. Going to the movies. Saw Avatar the other day... LOVED it. 3-D all the way, baybee!


Holmes today. Heard it was good. Can't go wrong with Robert Downey, Jr.


No comments:

Post a Comment