Thursday, November 12, 2009

Melbourne and Hobart





This was originally going to be titled "How to feel fat, ugly and old in one flash" but I am in a much better mood now. The steps were going to be as follows:

1. Be sober
2. Go out with young people who are not
3. When you go out, and they lose you in the crowd, leave depressed.

This happened last night during our overnight in Hobart. Nice town. Nice bar, but I was left in the dust as soon as we got to the nightclub. Not fun. So I left and went back to the ship. Oh, sober living is fabulous, isn't it? I am so glad I chose it. (NOT!)

Anyhow, we are heading back to Sydney now. We have done the trans-whatever you call it of the entire continent of Australia. I loved it.

We did our Save The Last Dance show tonight. Got standing ovations. Finally. The hard work is paying off. We'll see when the ratings come in. Hopefully they will be at least a 90. If they aren't I will pull someone's hair out, since I don't have much left, it seems.

Next cruise is shorter, and I will finally get a chance to see New Zealand! I hear it is gorgeous, and I will be sure to let you know.

Enjoy the pics of Hobart... they have awesome scallops, by the way. Just in case you were wondering.

One of the coolest things I have noticed about the Tasmanian cities, and those on the Western part of Australia, is the mixture or different types of architecture, very often all next to each other. There is a very eclectic mix of art deco, with modern, mixed with turn of the century... awesome stuff. My love is definitely the art deco, as you will start to see from most of the pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment